Wednesday 13 June 2012

Rainbow

rain·bow   (rnb)
n.
1.
a. An arc of spectral colors, usually identified as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet, that appears in the sky opposite the sun as a result of the refractive dispersion of sunlight in drops of rain or mist.
b. A similar arc or band, as one produced by a prism or by iridescence.
c. A graded display of colors.
2. An illusory hope: chasing the rainbow of overnight success.
3. A diverse assortment or collection.


Whew!  Stage one is complete.  I've been busy cutting up my coloured fabric for my 9 patch today. 



It's been pretty enjoyable for the most part.  I've had the telly on catching up on a bunch of sci-fi on my Sky+ box.  You can't go wrong with some Babylon 5, Voyager, and Falling Skies.  Can't wait for the second season of that on July the 3rd!  The plus side is that I wasn't distracted enough to slice off a finger.  I think the results so far are pretty pleasing!


All I need to do now is head down to my local fabric store, The Skep, and get some backing fabric.  I'm still pretty sure I'll go for black, but may change my mind when I see what they have.  Until then, keep reachin' for that rainbow!  ;)


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne! Hope y'all are having fun!

      Delete
  2. I can see you are very neat- look at the order and the labelling! I expect precision points then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm probably too organised for my own good! I suspect my precision with the sewing machine will be iffy at first, but hopefully will improve in time.

      Delete
  3. Wow you are organised, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly you're in the company of good teachers! Look forward to seeing how it grows.

    ReplyDelete